Sunday, March 18, 2007

Salvation Army

I now know where all of my quarters and dimes go to when I give them to the SA at Christmas time. Yesterday Ben recruited me to go with him to teach an archery class at a SA camp about an hour and a half from where we live. It was out in the middle of nowhere, and it was huge! It had everything that you could possibly think of as well. The woman who recruited him to come up there came over and spoke with us and told us that there are 92 SA camps wouldwide, but only about 4 or 5 of them are open to the public (the one we were at was one of them). We drove around the camp on a 'tour', we were actually looking for our range, and started picking out stuff that we wanted to take back to our camp. That was pretty much everything, lol! We did find out from the lady in charge that most of the kids that come to the camp get scholarships, however there are still a few who have to pay. Personally I think they should all be able to go for free, but I'm sure they have their reasons.

Salvation Army's got it going on!

No comments: