Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day!

I certaninly hope that my Valentine's day gift for the hubby reached him today! I dropped the package I had for him in the mail a little over a week ago, so it should be there by now. It is going to be a somewhat sad day because he isn't here, but there are plenty of other people who won't being seeing their significant others today either. I am just happy to know that I have him, and that he is thinking of me (Note to Mr. Lilja: You better be thinking of me!!)! I did get my Valentine's Day gift from him a little early. I got it on Monday and of course I opened it up then. There was a sweet little postcard with puppies in a wagon. I don't know what it said, lucky for me though he did write in English on the back!! He sent me my favorite little candy bars as well, Mars Delight! I could have sat down and ate them all right then, but I am trying to limit myself as I cannot find them around here! I don't want to run out too quickly!! :-)

My Dad is excited about Valentine's Day too, because yesterday he took me flower shopping with him. Although I was only really there to pick out the flowers for my Grandma. He already knew that he was going to get his girlfriend of 6 or 7 years a dozen roses! The roses were beautiful, and still are, although I almost threw them out of the truck door on the ride home. You see...not only did he take me to help pick out my Grandmother's flowers, he took me to hold onto them on the ride home as well. So by the time we got back to the house my jeans were soaked with water from the roses! He wouldn't turn the heat on in the truck because of the flowers (smart idea), but the water in that vase was frigid and there was A LOT of it! I would like to report that I am alright, and no I did not suffer any hypothermia! I hope that Dad's g/f enjoys the roses and that hubby enjoys his V-day gift as well! Me? I am going to go eat a Mars Delight!!

No comments: