Monday, February 19, 2007

Recipe!

So a few blogs ago I mentioned a recipe that I got out of People Magazine, and I also noted that I had lost it! Turns out that I found it while I was giving the desk a much needed cleaning. So as I promised, here it is:

Christmas Bark
1 Sleeve Saltine Crackers
12 oz. Semisweet chocolate morsels
1 Cup Butter
1 Cup Chopped Pecans
1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. Place crackers in one layer on parchment-lined baking sheet (with sides).
3. Melt butter and brown sugar in medium sauce pan. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Pour butter-sugar mixture over the crackers. Spread evenly.
5. Bake for 15 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate morsels. When they start to melt spread evenly over entire layer of crackers.
7. Sprinkle chopped pecans on top.
8. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
9. Remove from refrigerator and crack into pieces!
I absolutely love this recipe. I have fixed it 3 times since I have been home and it has gone over well with everyone who has tried it! It is suppose to be some sort of Holiday recipe, but I make it whenever! Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Suburban prep said...

I made this a few times during the Christmas holidays. I gave it as hostess gifts to parties that hubby and I went to and then hubby brought it to work on thrie Holiday party day. Everyone loved it and wanted the recipe. It is so easy to make.

Unknown said...

Sounds absolutely delish! As an aside, my paternal grandmother is Finnish (her parents immigrated to the US before she was born). I'm fascinated whenever I find someone who even knows where Finland is! I was a music education major as well. Love your blog and good luck with the move to Finland!