Saturday, November 3, 2007

It's snowing!

The downside is that it is not sticking! It has been snowing lovely, fluffy flakes ever since I woke up this morning, but it won't stay on the ground. Sure, we have a few patches here and there, but I am ready for the snow to come down (in waves) and stay down! I really want to have a white Winter this year. The last time I was lucky enough to have a white Christmas was in December 2003 when I was visiting Finland. When I got married in December 2006 I didn't get to see snow. Sad! Coming from the Sandhills of NC you just do not see much snow. When you do you only see about 1/2 an inch of it and it might last for an afternoon. Living in Finland now I expect to see snow, and I expect to see LOT's of it. I have had such an enjoyable morning looking out of my window while I go about my daily routine and watching it fall. Personally, I like the combination of snow and Birch trees. The trees are a lovely site by themselves, but looking at them through the falling snow they are just beautiful! I guess I'm a little odd, but I can sit and watch the snow fall all day and be quite content. That is how I plan to spend the rest of my day! Cheers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your enthusiasm about the snow! :) I have to say that I don't share it at the moment. I love fall and am excited about the crisp fall temperatures right now, but growing up in the midwest and now living in the Windy City, I have and will continue to see my share of snow! Enjoy the pretty, though! :)