Monday, November 26, 2007

It's about time...

I have been wanting to buy some plants to put in the apartment for a while now. I have always loved African Violets and my Grandmother always has 10-12 of them in her living room. I would sit in there for hours when I was little (even now if I were home) and read or nap, and just take in the plants and flowers that she has. I love plants. Needless to say, I wasn't sure if I would be able to find too many flowers that I knew here in FI, but I was lucky enough to run across a Blue Violet in a flower shop a few day ago. I know, I know, some people are going to say but it looks purple...well yeah it does, but it is called a Blue Violet. My Violet is also smooth leafed. I didn't see any that had frilly leaves. Oh well, I am just happy that I have a plant. On the way home the hubby and I decided to shop at our street vendor flower box, as I like to refer to it. There we purchased what he refers to as a Christmas flower. It smells really good and make the entire room smell pretty. Yes you did read that right, the room smells pretty! The Christmas flower reminds me of a small Amaryllis, but I am not actually sure what sort of plant this is. Therefore it will continue to be known as the Christmas flower. Hmm...I am thinking that this place could use another plant or five!



She'll be getting repotted sometime this week!


Christmas Flower will also be getting a new home as well!

Until that time though both little plants live on saucers. That isn't any way for a plant to live!!!

No comments: