Thursday, November 15, 2007

Call back in a month!

I was really excited for Monday morning to roll around. The hubby and I were going to call the Immigration Police and see how my application for residence was doing. Monday came and we called. Apparently, my application hasn't even been processed yet. Lovely! So the woman on the other end of the phone line said to call back in a month. So now we wait some more. Not that it is horrible having to wait, it's just that I want to be a resident now!! Not later. Am I being impatient? Well, yeah. At least I don't have to go home. I can continue to wait here until they process my application and give me an answer. If they say no I will just appeal and stay here longer. There is no way they are going to send me home!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

And the waiting begins! I hated this part of my residency. Luckily I'm now a full US resident with a drivers license, social security card and everything. Took bloody forever, but it's all totally worth it. I know you feel the same way, each time you look at Kai!

Libby said...

Maddening! Dig in your heels and refuse to give in!

Unknown said...

Hang in there! I have no idea what it's like to wait for someone to tell you that you can legally live in a country, but I'm sure it would make me nuts!

FluteLoop said...

Yeah, I think it is definitely worth it! Just a little frustrating.