Friday, November 9, 2007

Did someone say Christmas?

Seems like every store I venture into is already putting up Christmas decorations and rolling out merchandise like there is no tomorrow! I love Christmas just as much as the next person, actually it is my favorite Holiday--next to Thanksgiving which isn't celebrated in Finland for obvious reason; however, I am not ready for the Yuletide holiday! Not in the least!! My Mom and Dad have both been asking, begging, crawling on their hands and knees, pleading to know what the hubby and I want for Christmas, but we honestly do not know! On the other hand, I have no idea what to get for my parents, the hubby's parents, my brother, the hubby's 4 brothers and sisters, or my lovely friends back home! I feel as though I am suffering from some sort of 'Shoppers Block'! If nothing else everyone can expect to get foreign Christmas cards!



With all of our Christmas shopping woes and confusion, the hubby and I have managed to at least make one decision about the holiday. We are not going to have a tree this year. Nope! No tree. Normally this would bother me, but since we have moved and are not sure where to put a tree in the new apartment we are just going to forego having one this year. Tree or no tree though we have plenty of decorations! We have our stockings and nicnacks that I plan to pull out after Thanksgiving! We may not celebrate that holiday here, but I refuse to put up Christmas decorations until the day after! In the spirit of Christmas, I did buy some adorable doggies all decked out for Christmas to have as new decorations. With my love of dogs and Christmas I just couldn't leave them on the shelf at the Tiimari (gotta love that store)! Now if only gift shopping were that easy and spontaneous!



My new Christmas dog trio, soon to be a quartet!
I found another dog at the store the other day
and I plan to go back and get it!

1 comment:

Libby said...

The trio is adorable, and I'm sure they'll love the company of one more.

The first year hubby and I were married we didn't have a tree either- we had a "shrubbery" a la Monty Python. It was enough for me. :)