Monday, October 29, 2007

Calories

I've been on a fruit binge lately, specifically Clementine oranges. I just cannot seem to get enough of them. I eat one and then I end up eating five of them. They are just so darn good. So I have been eating these delicious little fruits like there is no tomorrow, and I got to wondering about calories. Since it is fruit it has to be good for me, but how many calories are in a Clementine. I did a little search and found a list of fruit calories. I do not know how reliable this list is, but I thought I would share. If there is anything wrong please feel free to correct it.

Apple (44 calories)
Apple cooking (35 calories)
Apricot (30 calories)
Avocado (150 calories)
Banana (107 calories)
Blackberries (each 1 calorie)
Blackcurrant (each 1.1 calorie)
Cherry (each 2.4 calories)
Clementine (30 calories)
Currants (5 calories)
Damson (28 calories)
Dates (12.5 calories)
Gooseberries (2.6 calories)
Grapes (each 2.4 calories)
Grapefruit whole (100 calories)
Guava (24 calories)
Kiwi (34 calories)
Lemon (20 calories)
Lychees (3 calories)
Mango (40 calories)
Melon (110 calories)
Nectarines (42 calories)
Olives (6.8 calories)
Orange (35 calories)
Passion Fruit (30 calories)
Paw Paw (28 calories)
Peach (35 calories)
Pear (45 calories)
Pineapple (50 calories)
Plum (25 calories)
Prunes (9 calories)
Raisins (5 calories)
Raspberries (each 1.1 calories)
Rhubarb (8 calories)
Satsumas (35 calories)
Strawberries (1 average-2.7 calories)
Sultanas (5 calories)
Tangerine (26 calories)

Too bad it didn't list Blueberries. I suppose I will have to go and look that one up on its own. I really hope that this list is close to being accurate. Anyway, there you have it fruit isn't so bad after all!

No comments: