Sunday, October 7, 2007

Sauna

Friday was the official Sauna day so I took my camera with me so that I could show you all my "relaxation room". I found out that the room that we use is kept at 80C which is 176F. Yeah it is hot. Before getting in you go get under the shower and get yourself wet that way you don't burn or become to hot when you first venture into the sauna room. Anyway, it is absolutely fabulous in my opinion.


The room where you leave your belongings.



The shower room...the bathroom is right across
from the shower in another small room...didn't
feel the need to take a picture of it.



The Sauna room...the corner is where I like to
sit.



Another view of the Sauna room with my
bucket of water at the ready!



A view of the coals/rocks where you throw the
water to get the lovely, hot steam!!


I think that our 12 Euros a month is very well spent. The sauna is private so you don't have to worry about anyone walking in on your during your time. I have a key to it. You can lock the doors when you go in, but since no one will invade your privacy it isn't a necessity. When we go back to the US I am going to find a way to have a Sauna put in our home. I don't think I could possibly live without one now. It has honestly become an addiction, but I don't think it is such a bad one. My skin always feels and looks much nicer after having a sauna. I also feel a lot cleaner too. I recommend them to anyone who'll try them!

2 comments:

Cloggsy said...

Ooh I'm jealous! When are you inviting me over to use this thing?!!

Unknown said...

I can remember as a child going up to visit my great-uncle's cabin in Ely, Minnesota (huge Finnish community) and going to their sauna. Amazing, even then. My dad said that when he was a kid, that was how they "bathed" when they visited their grandparents.