Sunday, September 7, 2008

Smuggled!

When I came back from the U.S. in June, I did not come back alone. The morning that I flew back to Helsinki, my Grandmother gave me some twigs from her Chenille plant to bring with me. Just call me Han Solo! We wrapped the chenille twigs in a damp papertowel, put them in a ziplock baggy, and I hid them in my make-up case that I put in my checked luggage. Somehow I actually managed to get them through customs without a hitch. Now my little chenille plant is looking lovely with its blooming chenille's! As long as you have a little bit of root you can be sure they'll grow!! I am thrilled that my plant is doing so well. I even had to call my Grandmother and tell her all about it. Below are some pictures!


This was my baby when I got her home. She sat in a cup of water for two days until I had time to go out and buy her a permanent pot!


This is my Chenille now. I know the picture is dark, but you can see how much she has grown in just the last 3 months. I love this plant. It is by far one of my favorites. My Grandmother has a love for plants and flowers that she passed on to me. If I had a larger apartment it would be full of flowers and plants of all kinds. I think soon I am going to need to transplant my Chenille into a hanging basket and find somewhere creative to put it here in the apartment where it will get plenty of sunlight. In the meantime, it will continue to reside in the window, creeping up whatever happens to be sitting next to it!

No comments: