Friday, September 5, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

I have had an extraordinarly good day. I turned 26 today, but do not feel a day over 25. I do plan to quit keeping count when I hit 29 though. So for my birthday, which has been all day today and such fun, I attended my very first Finnish class*. I am the only American in it, and beginning on Monday we will not be allowed to speak English in class. We aren't allowed to speak any language other than Finnish. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I won't make a complete idiot out of myself in the class.

Moving on...after class I came home to some beautiful roses that my husband went out and bought for me while I was at class. He had them sitting in a vase on the kitchen table when I got back. He also got me a yummy toffee cake. And when I say yummy, I mean yummy! To top things off I had an extra hot Birthday Sauna today. I felt so good afterwards. The best part of the day was just getting to spend time with my husband. Sure, we have been together since 2001, but this is only the 2nd birthday that I have ever gotten to spend with him. Needless to say, this birthday makes the top 10 list!


Aren't these just beautiful!?!?



I could eat one of these everyday!


*My poor Dad!! I was so excited about my class that I decided to call my Dad to talk to him before it started. Well, I seemed to be so enthused that I completely forgot which direction my 7 hr. time difference ran in. I ended up calling and waking him up at 2:30 this morning instead of the 4:30pm that I believed it to be. He wasn't mad though, he just went right back to sleep! Thanks, Dad!*

No comments: