Monday, September 8, 2008

A First Time for Everything!

I had my first full Finnish class today. I can't possibly tell you how many times I made myself look like an idiot today! For instance, I should be completely, 100% sure that I am from the United States. Guess what question I couldn't answer about a million times today? Yup, you got it. I could not tell when the instructor was asking me where I was from. You would think that after having gone around the entire room before she got to me, I might have caught on, right? Not I! I'm a slow learner apparently. This is going to be a LONG class. My husband did point out to me that I could only learn from this class, and that there was no way I could possibly come out of it knowing less than when I first went in. Thank you! I'll try to keep that in mind tomorrow! Now I must get back to my homework.

Mikä sinun nimesi on?

Minun nimeni on Stacy. <- At least I know my name!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hang in there, Stacy! You know way more of the language than I ever will, and I'm 25% Finnish! :)