Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Peace and Quiet?

I think not! I was hoping for a day of tranquility to do some things around the apartment, such as pack and clean and read, and what should decide to happen outside my window? A protest or concert of some sort that lasted for 6 hours (2-8). I did a little packing, a little cleaning, though hard as I tried I could not read. I had the world's worst headache by the end of the day. According to my hubby the people "jamming out" outside our window were anarchist. Yeah, ok...so whoever they were, they were loud and that was my only problem. It isn't like I could understand what they were screaming to begin with, so therefore I wasn't too concerned with that aspect. I ended up closing up the apt. on a extremely nice day just to shut out the noise. So when my husband came home and asked me how I liked all the stuff that happened during the day I complained. Why? Because I felt like complaining. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for having a concert and whatnot, but right outside my window, on that tiny patch of green in the middle this tiny circle where we currently live is not the place. In the future, please consider having your concert/protest, whatever it is somewhere else. Thank you!



People gathering in the street



The police (they're a little hard to see) watching
the goings on



A band setting up

No comments: