Thursday, July 31, 2008

You Are Invited...

to come and take the Finnish Language test on August 12, 2008 at 13:00 (1 o'clock). I can not even begin to tell you how excited and nervous I am about finally getting my invitation to test for my language course. The only downside is that the course I am testing for begins on my birthday, Sept. 5th. Not that I'm complaining, nope, I was just expecting to begin on a different day. It's all gravy though, at least I am going to be in a course, and that is all that matters to me. If I hadn't been so dang tired when my husband read the letter to me I might have got up and jumped around the apartment. I didn't though, so maybe I'll make up for that later. Jump around a bit before I go to bed or something.

I have been living in Finland for a little over a year now so the language course was a little overdue. Now that that is out of the way the next big hurdle will be applying for my second resident permit. You see the first one you receive is only good for a year, then you have to apply again. I think it is sort of like a trial run. They are not going to give you one that lets you stay for 5 or 10 years if you aren't actually going to stay here. My current permit doesn't expire until the 12th of December, but you can submit your renewal application up to 6 months prior to that. Next month (tomorrow?) we'll be getting right on that. That and looking for a job (to appease the employment office until my language course starts). Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay for you! I do have one question, though. How in the world do they expect you to take a job when you don't yet speak the language?