Monday, July 7, 2008

Blistered and Tired!

For the past two days I have walked all the way to my husbands place of employment to pick him up from work. Normally we would meet halfway, or what I consider to be the half way point. I'm not actually sure if I make it halfway or not. Anyway, as I've said the past two days I have walked the entire way. Now my husband says that one way just to his work place is a mile and a half, well, when I get there I only have 6 minutes of relaxation before we jet out the door and walk all the way back home. Needless to say this is more walking than I am use to. Hence the reason why I am tired. Now, what I don't understand is why I have blisters. Sure we walk to the center of the city every now and then (2 miles from the apt.) and I don't get blisters, so why in the past two days have they appeared on my feet?!? It makes no sense to me. My shoes are good and broken in. I mean I have been wearing them for a little over a year now...they feel nice on the feet! And to top things off, the blisters are in odd places. They aren't on the heel or the ball of the foot, they are in the spot where my big toe bends. That's the darndest place for a blister I've ever seen. At least I have never managed to get one in the spot before. LOL. So...I am hoping that by tomorrow when we are ready to walk to the Center of Helsinki to go to the movies that the pesky jokers are gone. We are walking (correction: I am walking) a lot more than usual because I am not currently happy with my outward appearance. I'm not very big, I am just a few pounds heavier than I want to be, and I can tell when I put on my clothes. Seriously though I am just trying to get rid of a few pounds, nothing major!!!! Now if only I could do it without being tired and getting odd blisters! Only time will tell. As long as I am getting a good workout I am not going to complain!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh! I have a pair of gym shoes that started giving me blisters in exactly the same place! Not cheap shoes, not new shoes. Just good (if a bit pricey), broken-in shoes that have, apparently, decided that my feet aren't good enough for them!