Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Movies...lots of movies...

My husband and I went and saw the new Indiana Jones movies yesterday after walking roughly 2 miles to the center of the city. Now this was his second viewing of the movie so I am pretty sure he slept through most of it, but it was my first time. I enjoyed the movie, but it isn't my favorite Indy movie. I do think that Harrison Ford did a great job of reprising the role, especially since he has put on some age! I also thought it was nice that they brought Karen Allen's character back. Overall, it was an enjoyable day and I am so glad that we didn't walk home after the movie. :-)

Speaking of movies, we are going to go see the McAvoy/Freeman/Jolie, Wanted, on Wednesday evening. My younger SIL is coming for a visit, although she is staying with my oldest BIL (bless her heart), and since she is going to go see the Hulk with him and possibly Narnia while she is with him, we are going to go see the other movie. I think we are planning to go see Narnia ourselves next week. Lucky for me I managed to get through The Magician and His Nephew, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, and The Horse and his Boy over the course of the past two days. That means I am finally to Prince Caspian. I read the Chronicles a long time ago when I was in Middle school, but I am rereading them for the movies. Why? I love to read. I do it daily. It can't be helped. Anyway, the whole point of the post was really to point out that I just saw Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, and that I am going to see Wanted and Prince Caspian in about a weeks time. Last week we saw the Hulk. It was a lot better than the Eric Bana one. Anyway, this is going to be a summer full of movies for us. I love movies!!!

No comments: