Sunday, November 23, 2008

Getting to Know Your Friends - Christmas Edition!

OK, so I decided not to do this as an e-mail, but to post it here on my blog. I've been at a loss lately for things to write about, and since Christmas is one of my favorite holidays I thought this might start getting me in the Christmas spirit!


Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends.


Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy this entire email and paste into a new e-mail that you can send. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then send this to a whole bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person that sent it to you......Tis the Season to be NICE!



1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I utilize both depending on the gift!

2. Real tree or Artificial? I am actually allergic to the real ones, but we're having a live tree this year. In the U.S. we normally have an artificial one though.

3. When do you put up the tree? The day after Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down? The day after New Years!

5. Do you like eggnog? I do! I prefer the Land O'Lakes bought brand!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? That would probably have to be my Barbie Dream House and 57' Chevy Convertible! I think it was my brother's fave too, but for different reasons. He would prop my barbies up in the house and then shoot at them with his Ninja Turtle Pizza Thrower!!!

7. Hardest person to buy for? My husband is by far the most difficult person I have to buy for! And you can never get him to tell you what he would like either! Talk about frustrating!

8. Easiest person to buy for? My Dad is most definitely the easiest person on my Christmas list. His gifts involve a trip to Lowe's Home Improvement store! A bonus really because I love most everything in that store myself!

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Both! I will take cards anyway I get them. Of course I always buy a ton of cards and mail them off to everyone I know!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I really don't know. I usually love everything that I get!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas is a must watch, and then of course all of the old Christmas cartoon movies like Rudolph, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Frosty the Snow Man..and etc. are also on my to watch list!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I started today actually! I've been online shopping for my family in the U.S. all day, almost!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Nope!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My Grandmother's Chicken and dressing! Yum!

16. Lights on the tree? Of course! We use colored lights one year and then white the next.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Don't make me choose!

18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? These days I do both, but there is nothing like being all cozy at home for Christmas!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen! And of course you can't exclude Rudolph, the most famous reindeer of all!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We do both..just depends what we're in the mood to use!

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Here in Finland you open your gifts of Christmas Eve and visit on Christmas day. At home in the U.S. though my family opens gifts on Christmas day!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Last minute shopping! You can never find what you need when you need it!

23. What theme or color are you using? It just depends on what decorations we want to use!

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Traditional meal shared with my family!

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Just to be with my family having a nice time! I don't really need things. I never ask for anything.

26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Probably someone who wants to take a Christmas survey!

27. Who is least likely to respond to this? Someone who doesn't want to take a Christmas Survey?!?

No comments: