Monday, November 17, 2008

A Crap-tastic Morning!

Since beginning my class I have had to ride the bus everyday. Now that isn't necessarily a bad thing, it saves loads of money, but you have to deal with interesting characters when you choose this form of transportation. My morning started out like every other morning, but changed rapidly! A guy who had issues (it was very noticeable) got on the bus and sat two or three seats behind me. He was obviously suffering from some sinus issues since he kept making extremely loud and obnoxious sucking noises during the first half of the trip. Flash forward about 4 minutes, a little old lady decides to exit the bus so she pushed the 'Stop' button and moved to the door. This guy hops up and rushes to the door as well. I thought he was also getting off of the bus, but instead of leaving when the door opened he spits. When I say spit, I mean almost the size of a golf ball gob of gunk! It almost hit the poor little old woman who was getting off of the bus. She turned back and gave him a look that could literally kill!

So homefry doesn't get off the bus. That is fine. Sometimes people don't have to. Whatever! There were only about 8 people left on the bus after the little old lady he almost spit on got off. He could have chosen to sit anywhere else on the bus, but as lady luck would have it he picked my seat. Lucky me! Now, I know this fellow has issues, but he smelled as though he had not showered in days. Most likely he hadn't. So he is sitting beside me and whips out this digital camera and begins to take pictures of people as they enter and exit the bus. Most of them were not amused. He was also mumbling incoherently to himself in broken Finnish. Oh joy! Then he gets the bright idea to begin just pushing the 'Stop' button. Did he get off of the bus? Nope! When the bus driver would pull over to the nearest stop and open the doors this guy would lean forward in our seat and take pictures of road signs and trees. After the 3rd time the bus driver fussed at him very loudly. The guy shouted back and the only word I could make out that he was saying was teacher (opettaja). At this point he begins to cry, leans over, props his elbow up on my leg and starts looking through the pictures on his camera. This lasts for a good 10 minutes. Then he decided to begin pushing the 'Stop' button again. Again the bus driver, who was an older guy, shouted at him again. At this point the guy beside me screamed back. Again, why!!?? At least he was no longer propped up on my leg (which still is a little sore from his elbow).

Moving along, the bus driver resumes driving and then I begin to hear awful, graphic, loud grunting and straining noises coming from beside me. A second later I was met by a noxious odor. This 22/23 year old, retarded guy crapped in his pants! On the bus. Right. Beside. Me! I thought I was going to toss my cookies right then and there! I had to breathe through my mouth until he got off of the bus, which was 3 stops before I got off of the bus. As soon as I got off of the bus I broke out my hand sanitizer and used about half of the bottle. When I got to school I headed straight to the bathroom and scrubbed my hands in very hot water. Now I know I did not actually touch this guy, but I felt dirty. Thanks to him I have felt that way all day. Luckily the rest of my day was pretty nice. I love my classmates!!!! :-)

So...how was your morning commute?!? :-p

2 comments:

Cloggsy said...

I'm sorry, but I just had to laugh! What a story - I'm sorry you had to deal with that this morning. Reminds me of some of the people I encountered on the bus in London!

Unknown said...

Oh my! My commute is never anywhere that exciting. Of course, my travel partners are 8 and almost-three, and I monitor their personal hygiene pretty carefully! ;)