Sunday, February 17, 2008

Technical Difficulties!!

What a scare we had in our house last night. The hubby was playing a computer game and all of the sudden the "blue screen of death" flashed up. We tried forever and ever to get the computer working again. We even went so far as to try and re-install the windows program, but the computer wouldn't do it. It kept telling us that our disk was corrupt. Tonight one of my BILs came over with his version of Windows and we tried installing it, but it didn't work. So the hubby called his other brother and they talked for a while. My other BILs, brother-in-law works with computers so he gave us a few suggestions and even priced some computers for us. Well, one of the suggestions worked. We took out one of the memory sticks and the computer started right up again. Just a little slower. We're still worried that the computer can go at anytime, so we're saving for a new one. Without a computer I am cut off from the U.S. Well, I do have 5 phone numbers saved on my phone, but other than that I am cut off. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this computer will last long enough for us to save for the new one!!! Today we got lucky...tomorrow?? who knows what the problem will be!!!

No comments: