Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Home again

The hubby and I are finally home again after visiting my BIL and his wife over the weekend. They live in a city called Mikkeli, which for us was about a 4 hour bus trip North. I enjoyed our trip...it was nice to get out of Helsinki for a change. We got there on Saturday and played games that night. We just sort of relaxed on Sunday, and then celebrated my BILs wife's birthday on Monday. I also got to visit my BILs school on Monday. He is a history teacher and I sat in on two of his classes. I got to experience an English class and a home economics class. The Home Ec. class was fun because I got to sample the food that the 7th grade class fixed. It wasn't too bad!! Most everyone in the school spoke English fairly well, so I got along fine. One thing I think that should be implemented into the American school system is the 15 minute break after every class. It gives both students and teachers a short recess from one another, it was fabulous!


Although the highlight of my trip had to be getting to spend time with Nacho. He is an adorable Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. He is my favorite dog that doesn't belong to me! I had the pleasure of playing with him all day, and having him be my personal heater all night long as he slept with me and my husband. Leo the cat was also in attendence over the weekend, but the picture of me with him was taken on my BILs camera so I don't have it. Oh well, I had a nice weekend...now back to the monotonous routine of being home!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome back! Nacho is very cute. Cracks me up that a Finnish dog is named Nacho, though... :)