Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Very Different Day.

Back on the 12th when I went to take my Finnish placement test I met another woman taking the test. Turned out that she lives 6 minutes from me. Pretty cool in my opinion. She's a bit older than me, but not much. Moving along-that day she took down my number and out of the blue yesterday I received a call from her. Again I am thinking this is very cool. Anywho, she invited me to her apartment for lunch today. Of course I went and took her some flowers from the little florist that is beside my building. She and her husband are both Russian and she is really sweet. She is the first person that I have met since moving to Finland a little over a year ago. Her and her husband also lived in the U.S. for a few years and taught at a Uni. in Colorado, and their 1 yr. old is actually an American citizen. These people are seriously getting cooler to me by the minute. Anyway, she made a yummy meal for lunch and it was so nice to talk to someone that I actually had a bit in common with. My husband wanted to know all about my lunch date as soon as I walked in the door this afternoon. And you know what? I didn't really know what to say. I was stuffed and ready for a nap. So today was a very different day for me, but it was a nice change.

No comments: