Sunday, August 17, 2008

Great Place to Visit

The husband and I haven't done too much this Summer as we are saving money. We're trying to send me to the U.S. for Christmas, and with rising airline prices we need to save all the money we can. Lucky for us there are plenty of places to explore right here in Helsinki. One of these places is Seurasaari. It is an open museum. It is sort of like going to Old Salem in NC. You get to walk around on this tiny island and see what life was like "back in the day". It only takes my husband and I about 15 minutes (maybe 20) to walk their from our apartment. We've been two or three times this Summer already, and you don't have to pay to just walk around and enjoy the place. Of course if you want to go inside any of the museums on the island it costs, but it is relatively cheap. It's all of 4-6 euros! Not bad at all. Of course we've never ventured inside, but we will on our next trip.


One of the houses.


A Squirrel my husband thought would attack me if I didn't stop taking pictures of it.


The "little" barn


A church on the hill.


The Mid-Summer Pole. There is a story behind it. I'll post it sometime.


Crossing the bridge to the island. That is my husband and his crazy hair!


The first church. It is quite small.


Horse Stable.


Several different buildings that were attached to one another.


Food Storage.

No comments: