Monday, December 17, 2007

What a week!

I have been such a slacker the past few days. With my blog that is. Outside of the blogosphere I have been a busy bee. My SIL went shopping this weekend. It is so nice to have all of my Christmas shopping completed and a relief to have everything wrapped and ready to go. Not only that but all of my cards have been sent out and I hope they will be reaching their final destinations soon. Unfortunately, all of my U.S. family will only be receiving cards this year. I feel badly about that, but we have to be careful with our money. It is sad but true. I will be at home Christmas 2008 so everyone will get tons of gifts then. Sending things from continent to continent can be a bit much. I am sure they understand though.

Tomorrow the hubby and I will be making a visit to the Immigration Police once again. This time I am dropping my passport off for what I hope will be the final visit. According to the lovely woman on the other end of the phone this morning, I should be able to pick my passport up on Friday with my nice, newly stamped Permanent Resident Permit inside it. I will probably be getting just a 1 year permit to begin with, which means I will have to go back next year and have a new one, but I am not worried about that. Once I am a resident, I am a resident. Then it is off to the Magistrates office to have myself put into the computer and to the KELA office to see about getting me an I.D. card. And all that means spending more money! Busy, busy, busy I tell ya.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you have been very busy. I'll be thinking of you this weekend as I make my annual batch of my Finnish Grandma's "biscuit". It's actually Pulla, but she always called it "biscuit". I still do it the old fashioned way, grinding the cardamom with a mortar and pestle and hand kneading it. Of course, doing it with a dog and very active toddler at my feet will be an entirely new experience! :)