Saturday, December 22, 2007

Ready for Christmas!

Christmas is by far my favorite holiday. I just love the atmosphere. I love being able to spend time with my friends and family. I live for it. This year I will once again be in Finland for Christmas. Actually, I don't think I will even make it back to the States until around May. Anyway, the hubby and I will be taking a bus to his parent's place on Christmas Eve. This is the day when families get together and have a big meal (it stays on the table all day and night and you can eat the entire time) and swap gifts. Christmas day is for visiting and such. I am looking forward to spending time with my new family. All our gifts are wrapped and ready to go. My contribution to Christmas dinner will be deviled eggs. There isn't really anything much American here, and my MIL wanted to know what my favorite food is because she makes everyones favorite for Christmas. I said that ham or turkey would be just fine, since they do have that. My hubby suggested that I make deviled eggs so I am. I got the OK from the MIL so I don't feel weird about bringing this weird American food into the house. So it looks as though Christmas is going to be wonderful! The only thing that could make it better is my husband not having to work on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, and New Year's day. You can't have it all though!!! And we're not going to let that get us down and out. Christmas is going to Rock! This will be my last post until after Christmas...so I hope that all of you who read my blog will have a Very Merry Christmas!

No comments: