Wednesday, December 12, 2007

One Whole Year!

My husband and I have been married one year today! Last October I came over and we started getting paperwork and necessary things out of the way so that we could get married. I had to make a trip to my embassy and get an affidavit (sp?), a trip to the magistrates office, and just little trips all around. And everything that we did was worth it! It was the happiest day of my life! Sadly, the first six months of our marriage we were apart, but we knew that I would be coming here and that we would have to make sacrifices. It has been a difficult, long, tedious journey, but I am finally in Finland and we are finally together like we should be. The past six months have been amazing! I love being married!


Pictures from our small wedding here in Helsinki.





Don't you just love that dress? It was my bridesmaids dress from Chloe's wedding! My sister-in-law took some pictures for us. I have several more, but I didn't want to over do it. I will also have pictures from my U.S. wedding to put up in about 3 weeks.

Ah...so tonight the hubby and I are going to go out to eat at the Omenapuu (Apple Tree) and have ourselves a fabulous day. We begin our Christmas shopping today! Last year after we got married and went out with Kai's family, we settled into the hotel room that the lovely people Kai works with got for us. Their gift to us was not letting us go back to our apartment. Mirja (Kai's work mom) went by the hotel room and put rose petals everywhere and left us a bottle of champagne. They even made us a big heart that they decorated and signed and left on the bed. It was really sweet. After we checked into the hotel though we went out Christmas shopping! So it looks like that is going to be our tradition from now on. That part isn't very romantic, but it is fun. I love walking through the Center in the Wintery air looking at Christmas decorations and shopping! So have a fabulous day everyone, I know I will!!!

Happy One Year Kai! And Happy Birthday Dad!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary to my American-Finnish blogging buddy!

Libby said...

What a happy couple. Happy Anniversary to you both, here's to many more!

Unknown said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY #1 part A MY LOVELY. You looked beautiful and of course, such a lovely dress (tee hee hee!)

Are you going to celebrate Anniversarty #1 part B too?

Love you

C xx

Melissa Boyas said...

Your photos are beautiful! You both look so happy! Please come check out my site at lettersofthanks2god.blogspot.com! Melissa