Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Finnish Blueberry Pie

Or as they call it in Finnish (Suomi): Mustikkapiirakkaa.

Yep. I know it is a big word with a lot of double letters and they pronounce every single one of them. It is true!! Anyway, a month ago we visited with the hubby's parents and his little sister made a blueberry pie for us. It was REALLY simple, and REALLY good! So I asked for the recipe and it is the easiest pie I have ever made. So I thought I would share the recipe. I haven't converted the measurements from the metric system, but it isn't hard to do.

Finnish Blueberry Pie:

1. 150g butter
1 1/2 dl sugar

Mix them together.

2. Add one egg and mix.

3. Add:
3 dl Flour (1 dl = 100 ml)
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cardamom (kardemumma)
1 tsp. vanilla extract (or vanilla sugar)

Mix all of these ingredients together and put into a pie pan. Spread evenly around.

Add 300 grams of blueberries (fresh or frozen) to the center of the pie. Bake pie for 30 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius (around 392
degrees F.).

It is simple to make and so yummy. Enjoy!

No comments: