Monday, June 16, 2008

Getting busy!

I finally made my way down to the employment office on Monday morning. Of course I had help from my husband because there is no way I would have happened upon it on my own. We found the proper area in the huge building it is located in, took a number, and waited for about 20 minutes. Can you believe it? ONLY a 20 minute wait! Amen! When our (my) number came up we sat down with a really, incredibly nice lady who informed my husband that he won't be seeing me much anymore. The reason being that with the Integration Program your language course is something like 20-25 hours (or more) a week. So really it is like a part-time job, and they will pay me for learning their language. Nice, huh?

While at the EO I filled out a small document, I don't even remember what was on it. I believe it was mainly about where I live, phone number, ID number, the soul of my first born child, and that sort of thing. Everything went smoothly while we were there. I had my passport with me and my ever important KELA card which said that I was in the computer system, as I have my handy-dandy personal indentification number on the card. The lady we spoke to was thrilled because I made her job way easier than she is used to having it. Upon leaving she gave me a really confusing (which really isn't confusing, but I am the one having to fill it out, so yeah it is) form to bring home with me and fill out. When I go back on my appointed day, June 23rd, I will get to skip ahead of all the people without appointments and get a different sort of number, and wait to speak with someone and fill out more forms. Why do there have to be so many forms for everything??? I need to have my teaching licensure (which I do) and my college diploma (in the mail thanks to my Dad) with me so they can see how "smart" I am. At least that is what I am assuming. Actually they need those for when I actually begin looking for a job. Right now I am just doing the language course thing. So I am excited that things seem to be going so smoothly. I hope I haven't jinxed myself by saying that, but so far so good! Now I'm off to the grocery store!!!

Cheers!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sure you'll be Finnish-fluent in no time. Of course, Kai may have to stop speaking with you in English to expedite the process! :)

FluteLoop said...

He woke up speaking to me in Finnish two mornings ago. I know it is sad, but I ignored him until he was fully awake. I seriously need to learn what he is talking about!