Saturday, March 1, 2008

Having Finland close to Home

Someone on the forum that I am a member of here in Finland posted a great link to an online store that I didn't know existed. I have been wondering a lot lately about how I would get little odds and ends that I love here in Finland when I go back to the States. Well, this site answers a few of those questions for me. Even though I won't be able to order everything that I love here, I will be able to get candy, chocolate, and iittala glass items. The site is Memories of Finland, and I have fallen in love with it! I'm sure that my husband will enjoy ordering his salmiakki (which I find disgusting!). It is salty licorice. I deteste licorice so needless to say I find salmiakki much worse. Although the stuff is absolutely loved by Finns. More for them if I don't like it I suppose. Anyway, if anyone is curious as to little odds and ends that Finland has to offer you can check out the site!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Now I can order real Finnish cardamom for my biscuit! This is so fun. Thanks for sharing the link.