Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Back at home!

The holidays are over and it is good to be back in my apartment and sleeping in my own bed once again! The hubby and I had a really good Christmas, and I spent New Years at my in-laws with some of his family. I managed to sleep in three different rooms, on three different floors of the house, in three days. It was eventful I'm tellin ya. The hubby had to work New Years, so I didn't see him until the 2nd. I had a blast with his family though. Not sure what all was going on all the time, but who cares, it was enjoyable. Now I am looking forward to the great new year ahead.

Hopefully, I will know something from the Immigration Police about my residency this week. If that isn't the case then I should at least have my resident status by sometime next week (fingers crossed). I so badly want to enroll into some sort of courses here. I want to be back in a classroom. I don't care if it is as the teacher or a student or both for that matter, it is just the place I want to be. I am also going to try and visit home around May if at all possible. I would like to go back to France as well if we can work it into our budget. Everything we do depends on how financially stable we are. My SIL did ask if we'd like to visit France sometime in the Spring though, so again my fingers are crossed. So...that is pretty much all that is currently happening in my neck of the woods.

Oh yeah, Libby and ElleBee, thanks so much for the lovely Christmas cards you sent my way. They are still on display here in the apartment for all to see!

Cheers!

3 comments:

Libby said...

Happy 2008, FluteLoop!!

I didn't know that you're a teacher by trade- my hubby has spent the better part of this winter applying to teach at various international schools. I will keep my figers crossed that the Immigration Police come through with your residency this week. :)

Unknown said...

Wishing you luck my lovely. Personally I just think you and Kai should move back to the States and get an apartment in Richmond VA, but that's just me being selfish!!!

FluteLoop said...

We'll be back in the States before you know it, C. And VA is probably going to be the State we end up in. We both love it...so who knows!?!