Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Almost outta there!

So...today is Wednesday which means that the work week is halfway through. Big sigh of relief! I had an early day today (went in at 7:30, left at 2:30), but tomorrow is going to be a long one. Probably won't get home until about 6:30 in the evening. Why is that? Because the kiddies at the päiväkoti are having their Kevätjuhlat (spring party) which is the exact translation, but in actuality it is a program. They kiddos will be singing, dancing, and reciting poems for their parents. And yours truly will be accompanying them with Chip (my flute) for 2 of their songs. And after tomorrow it is all downhill from there. Next week is my last week with these amazing, lovely, too smart for their own good Finnish children. I am going to miss them when I leave. Of course after I am through with my työharjoittelu (internship) I will still have 10 more days left to sit in the classroom and listen to either Simo or Aulikki talk. I hope we don't have any of the other teachers as I cannot understand them when they speak. Also, Simo will be coming to speak with my and Jaana (my pomo - boss) on Monday to check on my progress. Of course only good things will be said according to the woman in charge. She seems to like having me there as much as I enjoy being there. I do feel like I have gained a lot from this experience. I am speaking more. There is no way around it since only 2 of the children (they have at least 1 English speaking parent) can understand my English. But that was the whole point of this exercise wasn't it? To improve my Finnish speaking skills. I am really looking forward to tomorrow being over with (I won't get off until at least 5:30), but I am hoping that next week doesn't fly by too quickly. Cause then I really will be outta there!!!

No comments: